Manually Fed Wood Chipper City and Guilds / NPTC
Manually Fed Wood Chipper 20-57 October 2020
One day integrated training and assessment
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £140 no VAT per person
Total £260 per person
Manually fed wood chippers are used by many professionals within the land-based sector such as:
Through the use of the chipper, large brash piles can be turned into an easy to move wood chip piles and due to this can add value to waste produced providing an extra income.
As a result the machinery in this course covers ranges from the tractor mounted PTO driven units, to self-propelled trailer and tracked units, however if you require training on a specific type of chipper please contact us directly to discuss your specific needs.
Most noteworthy, this course does not cover the gravity fed units, it focuses mainly on the more powerful roller fed that have a far higher potential of accidents.
As a result, the Manually Fed Wood Chipper 20-57 October 2020 unit covers the following areas:
- completion of a risk assessment
- current health and safety legislation to adhere to for safety
- environmental good practice that underpins wood-chipper operations
- appropriate PPE required for the use of the wood-chipper
- how to check and maintain the wood-chipper
- carry out pre-use checks
- operate the wood-chipper
- carry out post-operative checks
- and finally discuss the cleaning and storing of the wood-chipper
Furthermore please note that minimum numbers to run a course are 4