PA2a boom sprayer, safe use of pesticides City and Guilds / NPTC
15 July @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
PA2a Boom Sprayer July 2020
Due to Covid19 sessions are running a little different. The theory part will run today from 8.30 am to 11.30 am.
The practical part will run on the morning of the assessment date. Saving you time in traveling and fuel costs.
Training fee £120 +VAT = £144 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £145 no VAT per person
Total £289 per person.
The PA2a boom sprayer July 2020 unit for the safe use of pesticides can be done after firstly completing the PA1 foundation unit.
An important note is that currently the PA2a boom sprayer covers the use of:
- a smaller ATV system
- a tractor mounted system
- or self propelled systems
Consequently not restricting the user to one type of machine once qualified.
As a professional user of pesticides above all you need to ensure you have the correct application unit for when you apply a pesticide.
A professional is someone who makes an income somewhere down the line from the activities they are carrying out. As a result if your a farmer, landscaper, game keeper or someone employed by a council or rail company this does include you.
Therefore if you use a boom sprayer to spray or apply the following products:
- Herbicides (weedkillers)
- Molluscicides (slugs and snails)
- Wood preservatives
- Growth regulators (products that influence plant growth) in conclusion you will need the PA2a application unit.
Consequently the PA2a boom sprayer course covers the following areas, in which you will cover:
- Nozzles and how to choose the most relevant one for the task your carrying out
- Regulations in place that you should be following
- Understanding product labels and whether you need to apply a LERAP
- Sprayer pre-checks that you should be completing before use
- What to include on your environmental risk assessment
- Calibration of your boom sprayer
- Carry out a mock application of pesticide (food colouring)
- Explain how to dispose of any waste products or materials
- Cleaning and storage of your boom sprayer
- Completion of an application record
Most noteworthy, it is not about adding a dollop of chemical and a bit more for luck then driving at speed over the area to treat!
In conclusion there is more to it than people appreciate and as a professional you need to adhere to industry best practice.
- 11 August @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- 11 August @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm