PA2f weed wiper, safe use of pesticides City and Guilds / NPTC
PA2f Weed Wiper January 2020
Training 1 day plus a couple of hours on a second day for the assessment
Training fee £120 +VAT = £144 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £145 no VAT per person
Total £289 per person.
The PA2f weed wiper sprayer January 2020 unit for the safe use of pesticides can be done after firstly completing the PA1 foundation unit.
Weed wipers are an extremely useful piece of equipment in the control of rushes and hard to eradicate plants.
The carpet or brush only applies product to what it touches, consequently saving time and money for the user.
As a professional user of pesticides above all you need to ensure you have the correct application unit for when you apply a pesticide.
A professional is someone who makes an income somewhere down the line from the activities they are carrying out. As a result if your a farmer, landscaper, game keeper or someone employed by a council or rail company this does include you.
Consequently the PA2f weed wiper course covers the following areas, in which you will cover:
- Regulations in place that you should be following
- Understanding product labels
- Sprayer pre-checks that you should be completing before use
- What to include on your environmental risk assessment
- Calibration of your weed wiper
- Carry out a mock application of pesticide (food colouring)
- Explain how to dispose of any waste products or materials
- Cleaning and storage of your weed wiper
- Completion of an application record
Most noteworthy, it is not about adding a dollop of chemical and a bit more for luck then driving at speed over the area to treat!
In conclusion there is more to it than people appreciate and as a professional you need to adhere to industry best practice.