PA6a knapsack, safe use of pesticides City and Guilds / NPTC
,PA6a knapsack or hand held lance February 2020
Training 1 day plus a couple of hours on a second day for the assessment
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £120 no VAT per person
Total £240 per person.
The PA6a knapsack February 2020 or hand held lance unit for the safe use of pesticides, can be done after firstly completing the PA1 foundation unit.
First of all as a professional user of pesticides you need to ensure you have the correct application unit for when you apply a pesticide.
A professional is someone who makes an income somewhere down the line from the activities they are carrying out. As a result if your a farmer, landscaper, game keeper or someone employed by a council or rail company this does include you.
Therefore if you use a knapsack on land to spray or apply pesticides as such as the following products:
- Herbicides (weedkillers)
- Molluscicides (slugs and snails)
- Wood preservatives
- Growth regulators (products that influence plant growth) in conclusion you will need the PA6a application unit.
Consequently the PA6a knapsack or hand lance course covers the following areas, in which you will cover:
- Choice of knapsacks available
- Nozzles and how to choose the most relevant one for the task your carrying out
- Regulations in place that you should be following
- Understanding product labels
- Sprayer pre-checks that you should be completing before use
- What to include on your environmental risk assessment
- Calibration of your knapsack sprayer
- Carry out a mock application of pesticide (food colouring)
- Explain how to dispose of any waste products or materials
- Cleaning and storage of your knapsack sprayer
- Completion of an application record
Most noteworthy, it is not about adding a dollop of chemical and a bit more for luck then waving a hand lance about!
In conclusion there is more to it than people appreciate and as a professional you need to adhere to industry best practice.