PA6aw to or near water, safe use of pesticides City and Guilds / NPTC
11 August @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
PA6aw To or Near Water August 2020
Due to Covid19 sessions are running a little different. The theory part will run today 1.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
The practical part will run on the morning of the assessment date. Saving you time in traveling and fuel costs.
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £120 no VAT per person
Total £240 per person.
The PA6aw to or near water August 2020 spraying course is for the safe use of pesticides follows on as an optional unit after you have completed the PA1 foundation unit.
First of all, you will need the PA6aw if you apply pesticides to or near water. This includes:
- river banks
- dry ditches (due to the fact it will hold water at some point
- and any other areas adjacent to water courses.
Also, please note that PA6aw only enables you to apply to or near water and not to any other site, consequently if you are looking to spray the field next to the water course you would need PA6a. No one spraying qualification allows you to spray with all applicators, each method has it’s own application unit.
Therefore if you are planning to spray or apply pesticides to or near water you do not only require the correct qualification but also permission from the Environment Agency through the completion of an AquaHerb01 form.
Consequently the PA6aw to or near water course covers the following areas, in which you will cover:
- Choice of knapsacks and different lances available to you e.g. extendable
- Nozzles and how to choose the most relevant one for the task your carrying out
- Regulations in place that you should be following
- Understanding product labels and that the product your using must have aquatic approval
- Sprayer pre-checks that you should be completing before use
- What to include on your environmental risk assessment
- Calibration of your knapsack sprayer
- Carry out a mock application of pesticide (food colouring)
- Explain how to dispose of any waste products or materials
- Cleaning and storage of your knapsack sprayer
- Completion of an application record
Most noteworthy, it is not about adding a dollop of chemical and a bit more for luck then waving a hand lance about!
In conclusion there is more to it than people appreciate and as a professional you need to adhere to industry best practice.
- 6 October @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 6 October @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm