PA6aw to or near water, safe use of pesticides City and Guilds / NPTC
PA6aw To or Near Water September 2019
Training 1 day plus a couple of hours on a second day for the assessment
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £120 no VAT per person
Total £240 per person.
The PA6aw to or near water unit for the safe use of pesticides follows on as an optional unit after the PA1 foundation unit.
First of all you need PA6aw if you apply pesticides to or near water. This includes river banks, dry ditches and footpaths adjacent to water courses.
Please note that PA6aw only enables you to apply to or near water and not to any other site, you will need PA6a knapsack for this.
As a result the unit covers the following:
- understand the legislation and safety regulations relating to an application to or near water
- identify risks to the aquatic environment.
- assess the environment factors relating to the mixing and application site.
- read and interpret product information.
- prepare and calibrate a hand held equipment
- operate the hand held equipment
- carry out post application procedures.