ROLO Health, Safety & Environmental Awareness
26 October - 27 October
ROLO: Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness (ROLO October 2020)
The ROLO course runs over two half days. (BALI the awarding organisation are very specific about this and will not allow you to complete it in one day online).
At the end of the session on the second day. You will sit a multiple-choice exam, where you need to get at least 75% (27 out of 35) to achieve ROLO accreditation.
Training fee £130 + VAT = £156 per person.
Certificate £20 + VAT = £24 per person.
Total £180 per person.
The ROLO scheme (Registration of Land Based Operatives) is available to everyone who works in the land based industries. The scheme applies to anyone who is self employed, employees of companies or labour only.
If you work within the following industries, the ROLO (October 2020) course will apply to you:
- Ecology and environmental management
- Countryside management
- Landscape construction and horticultural landscape maintenance
At the end of the day you sit a multiple choice exam, where you need to get at least 75% to achieve ROLO accreditation. Thus on completing the ROLO health and safety awareness course you can purchase an ID card which is valid for five years. In addition you can also put other relevant training courses on the ID card such as pesticides, chainsaw, ride on mowers.
If your planning to add other relevant training to the back of your ID card you need to ensure that the courses were either:
- taken in the last 5 years
- or you have attended an accredited refresher course with either Lantra or FISA
By the end of the course you should have a greater understanding of:
- key health and safety and environmental legislation
- your roles and responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as your employers responsibilities
- identifying hazards and risks and the action you need to take