Fell Utility Poles
So, the time has come for you to get your qualification to fell utility poles, you could be:
- new to felling utility poles
- already felling utility poles
- have the opportunity for a new contract or tender
- need evidence of a certificate to show competence
There are many reasons on why you have found your way here and we understand you may have lots of questions. Or you know exactly what you are looking for.
No matter where you are coming from the place to start working to fell utility poles is here.
Not only is this a great starting place for those who have not used or had the experience of felling utility poles. As folk tend to forget that we all have to start somewhere. It is perfect for those experienced users too. As in everything, there is always the potential to learn something new if you are open to the experience.
For those who have been working within the land based sector such as a:
- utility worker e.g. rail, highways
Our felling utility poles course allows you plenty of time to complete what you need to know and demonstrate for the assessment.
You will be learning about:
- specific issues when felling utility poles
- the preparation that needs to be completed before carrying out the work
- importance of biosecurity
- industry best practice
- what you need to do in an emergency
- how health and safety legislation will affect you
The place to start. . .
Many of you are already actively felling utility poles however you may have discovered that as a professional operator you need a certificate of competence to enable you to carry on doing so.
You may have been asked by:
- your quality assurance body
- your employer
- or a new contract opportunity to demonstrate competence through certification
Or you could be new to the job or been doing it for over 40 years and things have changed, if so and you are faced with having to gain your qualification to fell utility poles have you been:
- Struggling to find the right fit in terms of a training provider?
- Confused by all the names, numbers and acronyms for the land based courses that are available to you?
- Worried you will get it wrong or waste your hard-earned money?
- Concerned that it will feel like going back to school?
- Looking to gain a qualification to continue with jobs because legislation has changed?
- Offered a new and exciting contract, but need another ticket/qualification to seal the deal?
Then we can help you!
No matter which sector you are coming from, and the level of experience. We can work with you to understand your training needs, we can tailor a programme and provide courses that will be suitable for you.
We provide award-winning training through tailored, flexible, friendly, approachable trainers and assessors.
All courses are run with small groups to ensure you have as much time as needed to learn and experience what is required for the assessments if you chose to take them. Trainers and assessors are experienced, friendly, and approachable.
As with all Lowe Maintenance courses, you get support and advice via email or on the phone, if you need it in the future, just because you’ve completed the course doesn’t mean you can’t get in touch if you need more information or guidance.
It is fairly easy to tell the lie of a tree whereas utility poles are a very old bit of treated wood stuck in the ground and put under heavy forces by cables. Therefore it is not always easy to read, the wood is not as fibrous as it is mainly very dry. Which can result in the hinges not being very good when it comes to the felling.