Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Foundation Unit PA1
City and Guilds / NPTC Level 2
Safe handling and use of pesticides PA1
Due to changes in legislation everyone who uses pesticides in a professional context will have to complete a suite of pesticide qualifications. This applies to those of you if you work in agriculture, horticulture, countryside, grounds maintenance, forestry, game keeping, leisure, railway etc.
The PA1 is a mandatory foundation unit that must be completed before you can go onto completing an application unit of which there are many. The course covers your legal responsibilities; risks associated with pesticides; storing, handling, mixing chemicals; calibration; using and cleaning equipment; disposing of chemical waste; safe working practices; emergency actions; health monitoring and record keeping.
Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 (PA1 Foundation Unit).
By the end of the course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislative requirements and Codes of Practice relating to the use of pesticides.
2) Understand the relevance of product information.
3) Understand how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures.
4) Understand how to store and transport pesticides safely.
5) Understand how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticide and waste management.
6) Understand the record keeping requirements.
7) Understand how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures.
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £86 per person (no VAT).
Total £206 per person.
All fees are payable upon booking.
You will require:
1) Reading glasses (if applicable).
We will provide all equipment required for the training and online exam.
One day for the training
1 hrs approximately for the assessment (at the end of the training day).
Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 (this certificate will not qualify you to apply pesticides).
17th December 2018
21st January 2019
19th February 2019
4th March 2019
15th April 2019
7th May 2019
10th June 2019
23rd July 2019
5th August 2019
3rd September 2019
If you have a group of people please get in touch to discuss alternative dates.
Do you need a refresher? HSE advises that you complete a refresher every 5 years, although some insurance companies state every 3 years. We can help. We tend to run the courses when the PA1 course is running. You just don’t resit the City and Guilds exam at the end of the day.
Equally if you have a group of people we can put a date together just for you.
Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides – one day refresher £100 +VAT = £120 per person
You will receive a Lowe Maintenance Certificate of Completion.