Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Foundation Unit PA1
City and Guilds / NPTC Level 2
Safe handling and use of pesticides PA1
Without this foundation unit you can not legally apply any pesticides as a professional user.
As a result if your planning to use pesticides as a professional. Basically if your being paid or making a living from those associated tasks, you must above all be fully qualified.
Furthermore as part of your responsibilities as a professional user you have a legal duty to follow:
- the manufactures instructions
- use the products safety,
- ensuring that you protect not only yourself but others around you and the environment.
Finally once you have achieved the PA1 unit you can progress onto other units known as application units.
These are specific to the way you will be applying the product, hence getting the right unit, units such as knapsack, boom sprayer, weedwiper or even more options.
Consequently the unit covers the following:
- your legal responsibilities;
- risks with pesticides;
- storing of pesticides;
- handling of pesticides;
- mixing chemicals;
- calibration of pesticides;
- using and cleaning equipment;
- disposing of chemical waste safely and legally;
- safe working practices and industry best practice;
- emergency actions;
- health monitoring;
- record keeping.
Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 (PA1 Foundation Unit).
By the end of the course you should be able to understand:
1) the legislative requirements and Codes of Practice relating to the use of pesticides.
2) the relevance of product information.
3) how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures.
4) storage and transportation of pesticides safely.
5) managing and disposing of surplus pesticide and waste management.
6) the record keeping requirements.
7) ways to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures.
3rd September 2019
7th October 2019
11th November 2019
2nd December 2019
If you have a group of people please get in touch to discuss alternative dates.
Training fee £100 +VAT = £120 per person.
Assessment plus City and Guilds registration fee £86 per person (no VAT).
Total £206 per person.
All fees are payable upon booking.
One day for the training
1 hrs approximately for the assessment (at the end of the training day).
You will require:
1) Reading glasses (if applicable).
We will provide all equipment required for the training and online exam.
Award in Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 (this certificate will not qualify you to apply pesticides).
Do you need a refresher? HSE advises that you complete a refresher every 5 years, although some insurance companies state every 3 years. We can help. We tend to run the courses when the PA1 course is running. You just don’t resit the City and Guilds exam at the end of the day.
Equally if you have a group of people we can put a date together just for you.
Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides – one day refresher £100 +VAT = £120 per person
You will receive a Lowe Maintenance Certificate of Completion.