Stories in Stone is a project offering part funded courses, it is the story of how a stunning limestone landscape has been exploited and adapted by generations of local people, incomers and visitors. It is a fascinating landscape, with a rich, highly visible archaeological record, an iconic farming pattern of stone-built barns and dry stone walls, scarce limestone habitats and a hidden subterranean world.
Stories in Stone will conserve, enhance and celebrate the unique historical and natural elements of the Ingleborough Dales’ landscape. Through improved access and new learning opportunities, it will enable and inspire a wider range of people.
Lowe Maintenance will be working with the Stories in Stone project through offering a range of courses over the five year period to include:
- Ground based chainsaw operation 20-03 + 20-04 (formally CS30 and CS31).
- Felling and processing trees over 380mm (formally CS32) 2016 only.
- Tree Climbing and Rescue 20-13 (CS38).
- Safe Use of Brushcutters and Trimmers.
- Lantra Level 1 Initial Certificate in Dry Stone Walling from the Dry Stone Walling Association.
- Introduction to hedgelaying.
- Introduction to coppicing restoration and material usage.
- ATV Sit Astride.
- ATV Sit In.
- Safe Use of Leaf Blower.
- Chainsaw Free Fall Techniques (formally CS39).