Calling all conservation workers. Do you work as a:
- ranger or reserve manager
- ecologist with companies like Jacobs, The Ecology Consultancy, Mott MacDonald
- volunteer with a conservation group such as Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, The National Trust, Natural England?
Are you wanting to start a new and exciting career in conservation?
There are so many possibilities within conservation, with something for everyone with a passion for the environment. If this sounds familiar and of interest, then working outdoors to actively protect our flora and fauna can be one of the most rewarding careers you could choose. Numbers of species are in fast decline and so we all have a responsibility to do something about it.
Conserving the environment and protecting the landscape usually involves working together in small dedicated teams carrying out works such as:
- peatland restoration
- riverbank restoration
- woodland management
- habitat protection
Of course, there are lots of qualifications that you could do, as and when required. Learning should be a slow and steady experience, give yourself time to learn one thing well and then gain experience in that area.
Have you been:
- struggling to find the right fit in terms of a training provider?
- confused by all the names, numbers and acronyms for the land based courses that are available to you?
- worried you will get it wrong or waste your hard-earned money?
- concerned that it will feel like going back to school?
- looking to gain a qualification to continue with jobs because legislation has changed?
- offered a new and exciting contract, but need another ticket/qualification to seal the deal?
If you carry out conservation work or you have been tasked with organising the training you need to be sure that the tasks are carried out safely, efficiently. Above all, you and your teams and possibly volunteers need to be fully trained and qualified to get out there on that next contract!
Let us help you at no extra cost take some of the worries, stress, and time on our shoulders by offering a straightforward, flexible service for those staff you oversee.
- want to get started in the world of conservation
- know you want a conservation course but not sure where to start or what qualification to get first
- need more information about conservation
Then we can help you!
No matter where you are coming from, and the level of experience, we can work with you to understand your training needs. Tailoring a programme and provide conservation courses that will be suitable for you as a conservation worker. Or offering a different option that may be more suitable for you.
For more details of courses specific to conservation check out the links opposite.
Providing award-winning training through tailored, flexible, friendly, approachable trainers and assessors.
All courses run with small groups. To ensure everyone has as much time as needed to learn and experience the requirements for the assessments. If you chose to take them. Trainers and assessors have the experience, are friendly, and approachable.
We specialise in the following conservation courses:
- Tree climbing and rescue courses
- Chainsaw and felling training
- Pesticides courses
- Pest control
- Land based machinery training
- Ash Dieback training
- Tree Condition and Survey
- Health and safety training
Finally, as with all Lowe Maintenance courses, you get support and advice via email or on the phone. If you need it in the future. Just because you’ve completed the course doesn’t mean you can’t get in touch if you need more information or guidance.
So, if you need any help in organising and deciding on suitable training get in touch with us today.