Carrying out the cultivation of plants, trees, fruit and vegetables is horticulture and it is an activity that not only brings great joy to those who witness it but those like yourselves who are creating it on a daily basis. Nothing quite beats the exhilaration of growing plants and seeing them thrive, the feeling of success and beauty combined.
If you carry out the following activities as a horticulturist, you may need certificates of competence to comply with insurance requirements and adhering to industry best practice:
- use a chainsaw
- brush cutting and strimmer work
- hedge cutting
- leaf blowing
- apply pesticides such as weed killers (herbicides)
- use of ATV, All Terrain Vehicles such as quad bikes, gators, Polaris
- tree climbing
- powered pole pruner activities
Finding the time is not always easy to ensure your fully trained and have the necessary skill set to carry out the tasks you have been asked to complete. We understand it is not straightforward which is why our courses run all year round to help you achieve what you need in your quieter season.
Horticulture staff have you been:
- struggling to find the right fit in terms of a training provider?
- confused by all the names, numbers and acronyms for the land based courses that are available to you?
- worried you will get it wrong or waste your hard-earned money?
- concerned that it will feel like going back to school?
- looking to gain a qualification to continue with jobs because legislation has changed?
- let down by your last training provider
- offered a new and exciting contract, but need another ticket/qualification to seal the deal?
- looking for some honesty
If you carry out any of the above and more within the horticulture sector or you have been tasked with organising the training you need to be sure that the tasks are carried out safely, efficiently. Above all, you and your staff need to be fully trained and qualified to get out there and get on with that job or that new contract!
Let us help you at no extra cost take some of the worries, stress, and time on our shoulders by offering a straightforward, flexible service for those staff you oversee.
- want to get going on that new horticultural task
- not sure where to start or what qualification to get first
- need more information about courses in horticulture
Then horticulture folk we can help you!
No matter where you are coming from, and the level of experience. We can work with you to understand your training needs. Tailoring a programme and provide courses that will be suitable for you as someone in the horticulture sector. Or offering a different option that may be more suitable for you.
For more details of courses specific to those in horticulture check out the links opposite.
Providing award-winning training through tailored, flexible, friendly, approachable trainers and assessors.
All courses run with small groups. To ensure everyone has as much time as needed to learn and experience the requirements for the assessments. If you chose to take them. Trainers and assessors have the experience, are friendly, and approachable.
We specialise in the following areas:
- Tree climbing and rescue courses
- Chainsaw and felling training
- Pesticides courses
- Pest control
- Land based machinery training
- Ash Dieback training
- Tree Condition and Survey
- Health and safety training
Finally, as with all Lowe Maintenance courses, you get support and advice via email or on the phone. If you need it in the future. Just because you’ve completed the course doesn’t mean you can’t get in touch if you need more information or guidance.
So, if you need any help in organising and deciding on suitable training to City and Guilds / NPTC accreditation get in touch with us today.